With ever increasing cases of Breast Cancer Deaths in India, the fear is escalating among the women folks. Some of the shocking facts about breast cancer cases are highlighted below:
- It is the most common type of cancer among women in India (25-32%)
- More cases have been reported in the metropolitan cities rather than in the sub-urban & rural areas
- Every 4 minutes, a woman in India is diagnosed with breast cancer
- Every 13 minutes, a victim of Breast Cancer in India dies
- More than 50% patients are suffering from stage 3 or 4
The saddest part is the lack of awareness that has claimed thousands of lives so far. The highest number of cases has been found within the vicinity of 30 to 50 years of age. Some of the ways to prevent the spread of breast cancer are:
- Early stages of breast cancer (stage 1 or 2) is curable, so upon noticing any slightest abnormalities, opt for breast examination.
- b. Visible signs like lumps on breast or piercing pain, it is best to visit an oncologist from a reputed Breast Cancer Treatment facility.
- Breastfeeding is to be encouraged as it cuts down the risk of breast cancer by 4.3%.
- Breast cancer survivors often stay unaware of the risks of osteoporosis (due to reduced oestrogen levels); care must be taken to keep bones in good shape
That being said, early detections are a blessing provided you opt for quality Cancer Care. Fight Cancer!